Veteran character returns, two new stages, new modes and some old school Japanese references.
Thanks for tuning in to Smashcast! This episode contains:
- Meta Knight is back in Smash Bros! And he looks like he has been slightly nerfed (or at least his up + b has):
“Meta Knight’s Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move”
- A Gameboy stage – which looks like it may contain a heart stopping amount of nostalgia
- A 3DS Paper Mario stage has been confirmed – featuring background and references from Sticker Star and Thousand Year Door
- Trophies can be unlocked using Play Coins (finally something to spend them on!)
- New item: Special Flag, which will grant boons attracting a King Of The Hill style gameplay
- Two obscure Assist trophies – Takamaru and the prince from The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls
- A new “beat up an object a lot and lob it horizontally across a stage” mode!
- Check out the supercool trailer for the European exclusive (so far) Super Smash Bros 3DS XL