Borderlands 2 Vita, Pokemon Gen-3 re-releases, Nintendo patents, and Shattered Vita Memories.
Hi there! Welcome to Episode 46 of Heroes Of Handheld! This week on the podcast:
Before we get started:
- Colin’s looking to swap his Rayman for your Andy Murray (Swapbacks, 1st eds shinies only, behind the bike sheds at break time)
- There’s discussion on Chris and Colin slowly going broke on the PSN sales.
- We’re having a Killzone Party – and you’re invited! Get in touch if you want to play.
- Two previously announced Konami horror games are no longer coming to Vita.
- Nintendo have patented a handheld device with customisable buttons. You really need to see the patent application to realise how cool this is.
- Vita Slim is out in the good old US of A – initial reviews are positive, especially of the bundled in Borderlands 2.
- God Of War 1 & 2 re-releases are out on Vita – again, to rave reviews.
- Two (well technically three) new Pokemon games! One that looks ok and two that are very exciting. The first is Pokemon Art Academy (currently Japan exclusive) followed by Generation 3 re-releases on the 3DS: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Very exciting! (bring on the trumpets!)
- Renegade Kid, (the Mutant Mudds developer), after a less than successful Kickstarter, is looking at making a new 3DS game – described as “experimental and 2D”. Watch this space!
- There’s also some breaking news, as whilst we were recording Dualshockers had what they believed to be Sony’s E3 Press Conference laid out.
Reviews wise, we have a quick chat about Family Guy: The Quest For Stuff. And is Hearthstone worth buying an IPad for?