Welcome to Episode 42 of Heroes Of Handheld. We’re chock-a-block this week: with a nice long intro, lots of news, a JRPG review and talk about handheld GTA.
In the Intro:
- April Fools – IPS Vita Galaxy S5
- Numberwang 2048 is the best thing ever. Click here to play, or work out what the hell Numberwang is here
Following up with a bundle of news:
- The Walking Dead is coming to Android – now you have no excuse not to play!
- Family Guy – The Quest For Stuff comes out this week, and look like good fun (if a little similar to Simpsons Tapped Out)
- An incredible PSN Easter Sale – featuring Killzone Mercenary for less than £15! Read more here.
- Pokemon Sales figures are HUGE. Nearly 12 million sales, which makes it the fastest selling 3DS game thus far.
- Finally we have a Borderlands Vita release date for North America, as well as a release date for the American Vita slim
- A new Super Mario 3D game is in development – potentially a sequel to either 3D Land (3DS) or 3D World (WiiU)
- GTA V iFruit and Vita Pets – more detail in Indiecast 11
- Smash Bros Nintendo Direct was a huge success – you can watch the full thing on Youtube – and come back later on in the week for more info in this weeks Smashcast!
- Playstation Allstars Battle Royale – the “please play this game again” update – check out more details with their Youtube trailer
- Retro City Rampage is selling excellently on 3DS
- There’s a trailer for the sequel to Hotline Miami – Chris’ favourite game on Vita – and it’s CRACKING
Destiny Of Spirits – a free to play JRPG on PlayStation Vita, which uses GPS and location based gaming to affect how everything plays out. Colin’s one sentence review: A fun game that needs to sort out loading times.
Listener Jay got in touch asking about GTA for Vita. We answer it in the most depressingly realistic way possible.