Welcome to Episode 39!
We’re jam packed this week, and have an absolute ton of stuff to talk about.
This week on the podcast…
- Pikachu may well be Japan’s mascot in the 2014 World Cup –
- Chris owes Colin a fiver – listen to this week’s Smashcast for context.
- There’s some cool smart phone news – including a cross industry standard charging unit (finally!) and cross play between Ios and Android.
- A JRPG that teaches you the J – donate to Koe here!
- Officials from both Sony and Nintendo have been talking about the wider handheld gaming industry – including porting to smartphones, and the contrast between the two consoles.
- Race The Sun, the indie smash hit racer, is coming to Vita
- There’s two new 3DS Special Editions coming to Japan: Pokemon Battle Trozei and Persona Q which has a fantastic book design
- Nintendo is bringing a selection of toys to McDonalds in the UK – is this the beginning of Nintendo’s wider franchising plans?
- Yoshi’s New Island has had mixed reviews – currently on Metacritic with 64 Critics review and 5.4 User score. We talk about why this could be.
- Twitch, the game streaming service, could be coming to Vita – but would it use the front facing, not very flattering camera?
- Colin reviews his new shiny 2DS – does it fulfil his every expectation?
- Chris and Colin do a joint Pokemon Review!
Topics – get in touch in the usual manner!
- Theme parks – what would go into the Handheld world theme park: for example, a Steel Diver log flume, or a Hotline Miami Haunted House?
- Pet names – Chris is looking at getting a pair of rats, and wants to know if you have any pets named after video games?