Hi and thanks for checking out Episode 9 of Smashcast!
Lots to talk about this episode:
- 2 character reveals – the veteran Diddy Kong and the newcomer Little Mac! Check out Little Mac’s trailer below, as well as this fantastic picture of Diddy Kong (HE’S SO ADORABLE)
- This comes at a cost however: today we found out that Waluigi will not be a playable character, staying in his current role as an assist trophy.
- There are two different versions of the Boxing Ring level: one SSB themed, one Punch-Out themed! Check out the comparison below:
- Standard attacks will not loop – this means that you will no longer be able to pin a character into a corner and Spam A. Hooray! This was a problem in previous games…
- There are items new and old – the infamous Home Run Bat and the brand new Fairy Bottle!
- The “Nintendo Wi-fi Connection” will be shut down in May, bad news for Brawlers and Project M-ers
- Sakurai, the Smash Bros daddy, isn’t in the best of health yet is soldiering on with SSB4
- Finally Chris pitches a character – Cleaner-Man from Attack Of The Friday Monsters! Your pitches via the usual methods please, and check out our review of AOTFM in this week’s Heroes of Handheld podcast
Thanks for listening!